On December 21, 1891, a young physical education instructor named Dr. James Naismith introduced the game of basketball to his class at Springfield College, formally the YMCA International Training School in Springfield, Massachusetts. Three years later, the game was being played in more than a dozen nations.
Founded in 1959 in the city where basketball was born, the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame is dedicated to honoring and celebrating the game and its creator. The “Hall” is recognized globally as the premier institution entrusted with recording and disseminating the history of the game of basketball, and recognizing and honoring the achievements of its greatest players, coaches, and contributors.
The obverse (heads) design features three players reaching for the ball in unison, reflecting how the sport of basketball has brought together diverse people around the world through a simple, universal, and unifying athletic experience. Their arms are slightly elongated to emphasize the full exertion of physical and mental energy required to excel in this sport. The rim and net are subtle background design elements complementing the three players.
The reverse (tails) design depicts a basketball about to pass through the net
- IN GOD WE TRUST
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- E PLURIBUS UNUM
- ONE DOLLAR
GREAT REASONS TO BUY FROM US
- Our product is the same as these pictures. If you do not like when you get, we can give you a refund anytime.
- We truly believe we carry some of the most innovative products in the world, and we want to make sure we back that up with a risk-free ironclad 90 days guarantee.
- If you don't have a positive experience for ANY reason, we will do WHATEVER it takes to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase.
- Buying goods online can be a daunting task, so we want you to realize that there is absolutely zero risk in buying and trying out products. If you don't like it, don't be sad, we will do it right.
- We have 24/7/365 ticketing and email support. If you need help, please contact us.